Vermont is a current participant in the STEM Equity Pipeline.
Facilitator: Ben Williams, NAPE Director of Special Projects
State Leadership Team
- Cary Brown, Executive Director, Vermont Commission on Women (802-828-2840, email@example.com)
- Lucy Delabruere, Director, Tech Savvy Girls (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carolyn Dickinson, Associate Director, Center for Technology—Essex (802-879-5558, email@example.com)
- Rosemary Distell, Associate Academic Dean, Vermont Technical College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ruth Durkee, Adult Education Coordinator, Randolph Technical Career Center (802-728-4241, email@example.com)
- Linda Gabrielson, Academic Dean, Community College of Vermont (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eileen Illuzzi, Director, North Country Career Center (802-334-5469, email@example.com)
- Kathy Johnson, Principal, Vermont Equity & Training Consulting (802-223-0176)
- Jay Ramsey, Workgroup Coordinator and MOA Coordinator, Vermont Agency of Education (802-479-1343, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Karen Taylor-Mitchell, Executive Director, Governor’s Institutes of Vermont (email@example.com)
- Lynn Vera, Guidance Coordinator, Center for Technology—Essex (802-879-5558, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelly Walsh, Girls Program Director, Vermont Works for Women (802-622-0400 x 105, email@example.com
May 2014: The four pilot site teams met to participate in day-long professional development. NAPE Consultant Ben Williams delivered the Select and Act modules of PIPE-STEM training.
May 2014: NAPE Consultant Ben Williams met with the State Leadership Team to assess the progress of equity goals outlined in the state’s implementation plan as well as to discuss strategies that will aid project sustainability in the years to come.
April 2014: Several State Leadership Team members attended the State Leadership Institute at NAPE’s PDI in Washington, DC, where they had the opportunity to network with other states’ team members to learn about state STEM initiatives, progress, and pitfalls as well as best practices to position gender equity in STEM as a statewide concern.
December 2013: The four pilot sites began PIPE-STEM™ implementation with NAPE Consultant Ben Williams.
August 2013: The State Leadership Team met with NAPE Consultant Ben Williams to begin planning state-level equity initiatives. All state team members attended along with STEM-based industry representatives during a day-long workshop to collaborate on strategies to increase gender equity in Vermont’s STEM programs of study.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. HRD-0734056 and Grant No. HRD 1203121. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.