The Administrative Assistant will be experienced in managing a wide range of administrative and staff support-related tasks and able to work independently with minimal supervision. The candidate will effectively interact with staff, clients, board of directors, and organization members in a fast- paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, positive, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and work quality.
The Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in achieving the organizational mission.
This is a full-time position located in Gap, PA.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Manager of Finance and Administration, who is responsible for management, goal-setting, professional development and evaluation of the Administrative Assistant.
This position supports the NAPE Professional Development team, and will dotted-line report to the Director of Professional Development.
This position works closely with the CEO, Directors and Program Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the planning and implementation of events to ensure grant, contract, and organizational success.
- Assist staff with administrative tasks such as: scheduling and coordinating logistical arrangements for meetings, taking minutes, managing meeting follow-up, preparing contracts, communicating with clients, members, board members, and partners.
- Assure materials for meetings, training sessions, programs, and events are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
- Track and maintain product inventory; Maintain library and classification of new items.
- Maintain and update contact database and master calendar.
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information, and/or forward messages to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the planning of the National Summit for Educational Equity.
- Support NAPE and NAPEEF’s growth strategy.
- Associate Degree and 3 years of experience in executive office required; Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and inter-personal skills; exceptional professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment with strong work ethic to achieve high-quality output, often managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- High ability with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Ability to travel for up to 5 days at a time up to four times a year.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive benefits package. Financial support for relocation, if needed, is not available.
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000
Submit the following items, combined into a single PDF file, to Joyce Ayers, Manager of Finance and Administration email@example.com
- Letter of interest that includes a summary of qualifications related to the responsibilities, desirable background, and skills.
- Resume with details of your education and work history.
- Three professional references knowledgeable about your qualifications in the listed responsibilities.
- Contact information: Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and attention to detail will be a major factor in the evaluation of applications.
Deadline for applications: April 7, 2017, or until the position is filled.
Start date: Immediately upon hiring
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in its employment or other practices against persons on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a disabled military action veteran. Persons from those groups protected by federal and/or state or local nondiscrimination statutes are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.