NAPE seeks a dynamic and creative individual to support our mission to improve access, equity, and diversity in education and the workforce. LinkedIn
NAPE Program Managers work with schools and institutions across the country to ensure effective implementation of NAPE programs and services. In addition, this role will contribute to national marketing and communication strategies aimed to expand our impact. As a virtual organization, this individual is invited to telecommute and change the world!
The Program Manager controls logistics management for NAPE’s suite of PD programs. The Program Manager is responsible for general sales, implementation and fulfillment of contracts and grants, and customer management. In addition, this Program Manager position contributes to marketing and communication strategies for the organization. This position reports to the Director of Professional Development.
NAPE Program Managers play a critical role in achieving the organizational mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee implementation of standard operating procedures for program management of hired contracts and grants.
- Secure, negotiate, and write proposals that lead to revenue generating contracts.
- Supervise and track the completion of all contracts and grant deliverables for clients and consultants.
- Identify, develop, and nurture client and consultant relationships.
- Develop and maintain accurate written documentation for scheduling, timelines, program outcomes, reporting, and processes for contracts and grants.
- Support the growth and management of the NAPE Network of Equity Instructors. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring consultants for PD contracts, writing contract amendments, verifying invoices, participating in meetings and activities, and tracking consultant engagements and progress in certification.
- Manage NAPE’s web presence via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to consistently articulate NAPE’s mission. Prepare timely posts and keep updated on current issues in equity in education and workforce development.
- Develop marketing materials to increase NAPE’s program and product sales.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Participate in developing NAPE and NAPEEF’s growth strategy.
- Support the development of events as needed to ensure grant, contract, and organizational success.
- Assist in the planning of the National Summit for Educational Equity annual conference.
Qualifications and Skillsets
- A bachelor’s degree in social justice, education, applied business, communications, marketing, information technology, or any related field.
- Preferred experience: 2 years of working in a project management role, sales and customer management, and working with education and/or workforce development systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity and diversity issues and experience working with programs designed to address educational equity and social justice.
- Demonstrated program management skills for complex projects.
- Software: Advanced Microsoft Office skills. Experience working with responsive web design tools such as WordPress, survey and form tools such as Google Forms and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Expertise using cloud based productivity systems such as Basecamp, Highrise, Docusign, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Share Point and Dropbox.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with an exceptional professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative to solve problems autonomously. The candidate is a self-starter, creative, and is an expert in the use of technology to facilitate remote communication.
- Experience developing and negotiating contracts, especially with state/local agencies, and educational institutions.
- Ability to lead/motivate others and work with a diverse team.
- Working knowledge of education, including data and accountability measures for career and technical education.
- Demonstrated experience and success at telecommuting.
Special Required Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to travel infrequently for a few days at a time, such as quarterly visits to the national office, and in April for the annual National Summit for Educational Equity.
- If not located near the national office in Gap, PA, then employee may telecommute from a home office. The Hiring Manager is located in Dallas, Texas, and persons from this area are encouraged to apply. Travel will be reimbursed based on the telecommuting policy.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive benefits package. Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
For more information, and for application submission, contact Dr. Meagan Pollock, Director of Professional Development.
- Submit a letter of interest that includes a summary of qualifications related to the responsibilities, desirable background, and skills.
- Submit a resume including a list of three references knowledgeable about your qualifications in the listed responsibilities.
- Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Deadline for applications: August 26, 2016, or until the position is filled. Start date: Immediately upon hiring
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in its employment or other practices against persons on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a disabled, Viet Nam era or more recent military action veteran. Persons from those groups protected by federal and/or state or local nondiscrimination statutes are strongly encouraged to apply.