We are looking for a Marketing Consultant to develop, implement and manage marketing and communications strategies to meet organizational project-based objectives. This position will manage and execute external communication and ensure consistency with brand standards, tone, and language for several different projects and initiatives under a one-year contract with 15-20 hours per week.
Most of our team members and consultants work virtually across the continental United States.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Execute the marketing/communication strategy in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop project-specific strategies for NAPE programs and projects.
- Cultivate NAPE’s brand and identity.
- Understand and clearly articulate NAPE’s value proposition, services and project delivery methods.
- Prepare marketing and communication project budgets.
- Evaluate marketing strategy success and recommend improvements.
- Anticipate issues that could impact the organization’s business or reputation and maintain effective communication and crisis management processes.
- Develop NAPE’s corporate social media strategy for specific projects and activities to increase engagement and ensure social media presence aligns with brand and organization goals.
Ideally, the consultant is a self-starter who is
- confident working independently,
- an equity advocate, passionate about transforming educational systems to serve marginalized student groups; and
- unwavering in their commitment to equity – with a strong understanding of how the intersections of gender, race, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation and gender identity, socioeconomic status, and ability impact communications and marketing strategies.
Minority and women-owned businesses, and bilingual or multilingual consultants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 3+ years of experience in a generalist marketing/communication role and experience providing marketing consulting services
- Strong grasp of communication fundamentals including demonstrated experience maintaining and executing marketing/communication strategy and tactics
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Budget management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Education, non-profit and/or technology industry experience preferred
- Dallas/Fort Worth or Austin, Texas location preferred
Submit the following items, combined into a single PDF file, to: Ben Williams, PhD, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of interest that includes a summary of qualifications related to the responsibilities, desirable background, and skills.
- Consulting Resume
- Portfolio of professional work.
- Three professional references knowledgeable about your qualifications in the listed responsibilities, including ONE client.
- Contact information: Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and attention to detail will be a major factor in the evaluation of applications.
Deadline for applications: TBD, or until the position is filled.
Start date: Immediately upon hiring
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in its employment or other practices against persons on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a disabled military action veteran.
Persons from those groups protected by federal and/or state or local nondiscrimination statutes are strongly encouraged to apply.