Members of NAPE are welcome to join a committee to help strengthen our efforts and forward our collective agenda to achieve equity in education and workforce development across the country.
Members of NAPE are welcome to join a committee to help strengthen our efforts and forward our collective agenda to achieve equity in education and workforce development across the country. As a committee member, you can expect to participate in the following ways:
Committee chairs are chosen from the NAPE Executive Committee. Members of the NAPE Executive Committee are expected to fully participate in the work of any committees they chair and participate in the implementation of the NAPE annual Program of Work.
Below are the four committees that offer open membership with an overview of the committee’s responsibilities and the names of the chair and members of the committee. If you are interested in joining a committee, please click the button below.
Many thanks for your interest and for all you do for NAPE!
Chair: Michael Tinsley (TN)
Staff: Lisa Ransom
- Stay informed regarding federal legislative activity affecting equity in education and workforce development
- Update NAPE Executive Committee and Foundation Board on current federal policy activity
- Nominate and select Public Policy Leadership Award recipients
- Make recommendations regarding NAPE Public Policy Day presenters and NSEE public policy workshop
- Work with the Senior Policy Advisor to consider policy platforms, draft position papers, assist in the preparation of congressional testimony and/or statements and when necessary meet with Members of Congress, congressional staff and Administration contacts. *PPC members should have and/or establish relationships with Congressional members and staff in their home state to assist NAPE in expanding its congressional outreach.
- Convene monthly via phone, subject to the legislative session of the House and Senate congressional calendars
Co-Chairs: Analicia Nicholson (OR) and Esperanza Zenon (GA)
Staff: Gregory Jackson
- Update and develop marketing materials for NAPE
- Provide leadership to the Executive Committee and Board Members to increase the number of state members
- Develop affiliate member recruitment materials
- Provide leadership to the Executive Committee and Board Members to assist with the recruitment of affiliate members
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for consulting and professional development services
- Build an ROI campaign to recruit and retain members
Chair: Gabby Nunley (OR)
Staff: Ricardo Romanillos & Janay McClarin
- Identify potential professional development needs from the membership
- Identify professional development opportunities and submit on the NAPE website
- Develop and implement the agenda for the annual professional development institute
- Conduct one additional professional development event for NAPE members using alternative technology (e.g. webcast, audioconference, on-line workshop)
Chair: Randall Butt (WY))
Staff: Kathleen Fitzpatrick
- Review award and award criteria
- Create and implement award application and selection process
- Manage the awards program at the Professional Development Institute
Not shown here are Finance, Nominating, and Bylaws, the members of which are drawn from the Executive Committee.